Residents in Norton should be on the lookout for their Annual Town Census Forms in their mailboxes between January 3rd and 9th. The Annual census forms must be signed and returned to the Town Clerk’s Office within 10 days of receipt. Residents are reminded that census forms need to be returned even when no changes are necessary to their census information. In accordance with MGL Ch 51, Sec 4c, failure to respond to the annual census shall result in removal from the active voting list and may result in removal
from the voter registration rolls. Attached is a copy of a blank census form for your reference.
Some important notes on completing the Annual Census form correctly:
- Column G -- if there is NO party next to your name, you are NOT a registered voter.
- You CANNOT use the census form to register to vote or to change your political party. Click here for voter registration form.
- Column J -- when indicating that registered voter has moved you MUST provide us with the new address, city/town for the change to be processed.
- Distribution of Annual Census Forms correlates with the dog licensing period and renewal forms are included on the back side of the form.
- Residents are encouraged to use our online dog licensing system. Click here for additional information on dog licensing.
- Please do not delay in returning your Annual Census Form. These must be returned within 10 days of receipt.